Image Map

Sunday 2 February 2014

February Places: Almondine



Almondine opened their first Patisserie on Thistle Street in Aberdeen just before Christmas. I'd had their yummy macarons before so knew I had to go but it was just a case of finding the time - in January I was lucky enough to make it down twice. The atmosphere is so relaxed; a simple colour palette of silvers, baby blues and dove greys makes it feel so fresh and delicate. I love the attention to detail with the silverware too - little candles on the tables and silver pots for tea and hot chocolate. Their signature hot chocolate is truly the best I've tasted, served with a carafe of water since it's very rich! The choice of patisseries changes but there are always macarons in a selection of colours and flavours. They are all so pretty you'll be spoilt for choice! The little Almondine printed chocolate is such a nice touch, and tasty too. This time I chose the chocolate eclair, which was perfect with the proper chocolate crème patissière filling - I have to admit that it was a little bit of a chocolate overload but that's my fault for having hot chocolate with a chocolate based treat! The macarons can be taken away in a cute branded box of 7 which would be a lovely Valentine's gift.

I'm already planning my next visit, maybe an evening as it looks like it would be so cosy on a cold night. 
Almondine is open Monday to Thursday 8am-6pm, Friday 8am-7pm and Saturday 10am-7pm. You can find them on Facebook or check out their website below:

http://www.almondine.co.uk/





1 comment:

  1. ooh never heard of this place! might have to take a little visit soon. It looks very adorable and such. Thanks for the info! :D
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete