Image Map

Monday 13 January 2014

January WIP: Business Planning


This work in progress is almost a DIY post too so may have some useful ideas! Since leaving uni I really wanted to streamline my design process for dealing with clients. These projects can involve a lot of juggling so I want it to help from start to end of getting an enquiry and sending final artwork files. I've been busy adding to my website and designing matching, yet practical stationery and forms. I think it's important to make the most of all these contact points as this is the full experience that clients will remember from dealing with me, and who says forms can't be pretty? I've worked in an office before and know how dull and formal paperwork and stationery can be, so keeping that in mind it should be a lot more fun having organised my clients into washi tape covered folders and floral sketchbooks and seeing these things scattered about the studio! So far I have my website, business cards, client questionnaire, estimate and invoice templates, letterheads and project planners. Feeling much more organised and better get on with the actual design work now!

2 comments:

  1. love your little workspace! its so cute. and good luck with all the designing! hope to be in the same place in a few years time, and hopefully graduating from the same course!
    Lauren
    ohhayblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never saw this comment before - oops. Thank you :) Good luck to you too xx

      Delete