Image Map

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Stockist Spotlight // The Treasured

Laura wrapping orders
The Treasured became a JillyJilly stockist late last year. Today on the blog we get to know the lovely Laura who runs the cute online shop!

Can you tell us the story behind The Treasured?
I’ve always loved supporting small creative businesses – they each offer something unique and beautiful – but I began to struggle to find what I was after on sites such as Etsy. They’ve got so big now and when I did finally find what I was after the multiple postage costs often put me off. 

I wanted to offer online shoppers handpicked products that were guaranteed to be beautiful and high quality – things to be treasured but that wouldn’t break the bank. Once I realised that was my main aim, the name ‘The Treasured’ wasn’t far behind…

What sort of goodies might customers expect to find in your shop?
The Treasured sells gifts, homeware, stationery, jewellery, wall art and more. Every product is from a British designer/maker that I’ve chosen for their loveliness – in terms of their products and their personalities.

What are your current favourite products you sell?
It’s so hard to choose but, JillyJilly products aside, my top three at the moment are the Pygmy Cloud desk tidy, the A – Z of Unicorns colouring book by Neon Magpie and The Make Arcade’s ‘More Gin Please’ cross stitch kit.

What do you like best about running The Treasured?
I love introducing people to brand’s they might not have discovered otherwise, and finding those brands is definitely my favourite thing. 

Do you have any advice for someone starting an online shop?
Your investment isn’t just in money but in time too. You need a good dollop of patience; it’s incredibly unlikely you’ll become a success overnight. Do your research, make a plan and then give it a try…

The Treasured is now four months old and it has a long way to go! It is incredibly rewarding though - every time someone buys something I do a little dance. 

Finally, which is your favourite JillyJilly product and why?
The ‘Good Things Come To Those Who Bake’ quote mug. It is incredibly cute and calls to my love of cake!

Thank you Laura! You can pop over to the Treasured shop here: www.thetreasured.co.uk and say hi over on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment