Image Map

Monday 10 March 2014

Edinburgh Markets

We've been in Edinburgh for 3 full days now and managed to find 4 markets - 3 foodie ones and 1 vintage! We're staying in the Grassmarket area so first stop was the farmers market there on Saturday morning where I bought some yummy teas from Leith Tea Company. We then went up to Castle Terrace for the farmers market where we found chocolate, craft beers and Scottish tablet - yum! Next we went over to Pippin in Haymarket (one of my Mum's stockists) where I bought some goodies including a motivational Bread & Jam mug and Bomb Cosmetics Sugar and Spice candle tin (smells so good!!) also stopped at Paper Tiger where I picked up some helpful looking books. Later, on a long evening walk, we came across Bruce Munro's Field of Light installation in St. Andrew's Square, it's so pretty - like a meadow of colour changing fairy lights.

On Sunday we headed over to A Spoonful of Vintage fair but it wasn't my lucky vintage hunting day. Then we had ice cream in the rain on our way to Stockbridge market, I got Daisy some doggy doughnuts there! We had lunch at Peter's Yard which I'd heard about through Instagram and I'm glad we did, the pizza was great! The rest of the day was spent in and out of charity shops, still not my lucky day for bargain hunting though. After that we got some macarons - mango, rose and chocolate from Patisserie Madeleine and I bought some cute bits and pieces from Daisy Cheynes but can't share those yet as they're a present.

We finished off the day with cocktails at the Dragonfly Cocktail bar. I had a drink that tasted suspiciously like milkshake called a Raspberry Ripple - finished with sprinkles on the glass! David had a slightly more manly spiced apple flavoured rum drink.

Today was so busy that it's going in a separate blog post!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really fun trip! It's given me some ides when I next visit Edinburgh, I felt like we'd done it all but there seems to be so much more to do! x

    ReplyDelete