Image Map

Saturday 10 August 2013

Around the World in 80 Teas

*group photo taken from Around the World in 80 Teas Facebook page
This afternoon me and my Mum were lucky enough to attend an Around the World in 80 Teas tea tasting class! I'd heard about this through Facebook, it's run by the lovely Hazel of A Vintage Tea Party who also styles the most beautiful vintage themed weddings with her enormous collection of crockery and props. Anyway, back to the tea tasting. It was held in the summerhouse which was naturally decorated with great attention to detail with little knick knacks and tea themed quotes on the walls. We were given a brief history of tea (and learnt a lot!) before beginning by smelling and admiring the textures of the many samples of Jenier teas. Then, tiny glass teacups, score cards and branded pencils at the ready the tasting began. I think we tasted around 10 teas (I lost track). I liked the smell of the Exotic Strawberry Kiwi Fruit Tea best but when it came to taste I was torn between Peppermint and Tropical Mango as my favourite. I think I'll be ordering both in the near future. After comparing notes we then had some more traditional afternoon tea with cream scones and tiny cakes - yum. At the end we were even given fab goody bags to take home!

No comments:

Post a Comment